Caesar Dressing (no anchovy)
- 4 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 egg
1. Place all ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds. Refrigerate. To be consumed within a week.
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 teaspoons Caesar dressing(see recipe)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
2. Heat a sauté pan. Add olive oil. Sear the sea scallops for 2 minutes on each side. Remove scallops from pan, place in a mixing bowl and pour Caesar dressing over the scallops. Toss well. Verify seasoning.
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated parmesan
- Caesar dressing (see recipe)
3. Wash and dry the Romaine lettuce. In a large bowl, combine Caesar dressing, Romaine lettuce, and parmesan.
4. Place the Romaine lettuce in the center of each plate. Put the warm sea scallops around the lettuce and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Xavier Deshayes